THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fathers Day

Father's Day is unfortunately overlooked at our home because every year we get home from Lake Powell the day before so I was too busy before we left to think about it and too tired the day we get home.  This year I had the best idea to get him a remote control boat to take with us, and then Jeff surprised me one day and told me that he had bought himself a remote control boat.  So once again it was an almost forgotten holiday which makes me really sad because Jeff is such an incredible father.  I do love that man so much and I'm so happy to share parenting and grand-parenting with him.

I remember when our children were young and we would go swimming or to the park and Jeff would be playing with our kids and so many other kids we didn't know would want to join and play with them.  It seemed that they were craving interaction with a dad and here was one that was playing so they wanted a part in the action also.  I always felt so sorry for them that their dad would not or could not play with them.  Dad's don't realize the important role they play in a child's life.  There is something so endearing to watch a dad get down on a child's level and run and play and wrestle with each child.  Then as they grow to see them become close friends and companions.  I miss my dad so much.  I don't believe you ever grow too old to need a dad.

Two of our grandchildren gave Jeff these letters for Father's Day.  How precious to read about their perceptions of the their Papa.



No comments:

Post a Comment