THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Monday, April 23, 2012

Addiction or Insanity?


For years we have gone through therapy with Kevin.  Every time he is given a new counselor they tell us the definition of an addict.  It is "Some one who does the same thing over and over expecting different results". Then I was in another setting one day and the definition of insanity was given.  It was "Some one who does the same thing over and over expecting different results."
I've decided lately that our family has one of each.  Kevin is obviously the addict and I am the insane one.  I just keep doing the same thing over and over to help him but now I don't expect different results I only hope for different results.   I'm not sure that helps but I guess it makes me feel better.
I have just spent the last hour and a half jumping through hoops to satisfy the demands of the work center so Kevin could go to work this morning.  It is the never ending saga and my insanity continues.  I HOPE this time for different results.

No comments:

Post a Comment