THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Sunday, June 24, 2012

I Love Sundays

Sundays are an incredible day of the week.  I love them.  One disclosure though.  Sundays used to be the worse day of the week when I had 5 small children at home.  I felt like I spent the day refereeing quarrels, hurrying to get everyone at least presentable for church, finishing up church lessons because I had been at kid's ballgames or activities on Saturday, coming up with ideas to keep children entertained and happy since we had a "No Friends" rule on Sunday, feeding hungry children and husband over and over. By night I was exhausted and thrilled I didn't have to do it again for 7 more days.  (Obviously I was missing the spirit of the day)
NOW.  Teenager sleeps in,  husband has early morning meetings, and I get to spend the morning in bed--Not in bed sleeping, but in bed lounging and reading uplifting and spiritual books and articles.  This may be my favorite thing to do.  I love to read in bed, I love to read gospel ideas and doctrine.  I love peace and quiet.  AND the best thing is---I don't have to feel GUILTY about it.  I'm supposed to be doing it.  Part of Sabbath Day observance is studying scriptures and related materials!!!!  YES.  What a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment