THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Monday, August 27, 2012

It's Over

Yesterday was the end of a legacy in our lives.  Jeff was released as Bishop of the Farmington YSA Ward.  He has served for 4 years with the young adults.  He was a counselor in a Bishopric for almost a year and a Bishop for three years.  His tenure is unique as a Bishop though because he has served in 3 totally different wards.  Two of the wards were at the University of Utah and his last one was in Farmington.
Because of the vastness of his service we have been acquainted with hundreds and hundreds of Young Adults and we love each and every one of them.  I can't even begin to put words to how they have blessed and enriched our lives.  They have opened their hearts and lives to us.  We have been embraced as friends, respected as leaders, and they have mentored Jessi with all of their hearts.  We will be eternally grateful for each minute we were able to spend with them.
As we were at Wicked a couple of weeks ago Jeff mentioned that a particular song in the musical reminded him of his (and I will add my) relationship with these awesome people.  Here are some of the lyrics.


I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made from what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...
Because I knew you
I have been changed for good



We have certainly been "Changed for Good" because of those we love in these wards.

Our lives have also been blessed my the great men and their wives that have served in bishoprics with Jeff.  We have had four different ones and they each and every one have been incredible.
Jeff's first Bishopric where Jeff served as Counselor to Pepper Murray.  Kevin Peay is the other counselor.

 Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of Jeff's Bishopric from his first ward as Bishop so we are missing a picture of Rock Winegar and Eric Lindsey, who served faithfully commuting from Kamas.
Jeff with Rock Winegar and Bart Hill--Bishopric # 2
Jeff with Bart Hill and Randy Rigby--Bishopric #3


The journey over the last few years has been heartbreaking as we have wept with some and awe inspiring as we have rejoiced with many.  Jeff has been MIA in many family activities and trials, but I wouldn't trade one minute of the inconvenience in our lives for the numerous moments we have shared with these wonderful young adults.  We love them now and We will love them forever.  Our home and lives will always be open to welcome them in.  Please stay in touch.  



1 comment:

  1. I am SO grateful for both of you!! You have been such great examples to me and have helped me get to where I am today! Happily married with a Precious baby boy!!!
    Love you both!!!!

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete