THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mother's Day Surprise

Last night I was surprised with the most wonderful Mother's Day present.  Late is Great!!  Jessi and Amy put together this collage of all seven of my grandkids.
It is just precious.  I guess Jessi emailed the letters to Carly and Carrie and had them make the letters and take the pics and email them back.  Isn't technology wonderful?  Each picture is just precious.  I love these kids so much and I am so thankful that they are being raised in the gospel.  Each of them are loved and taught by incrediblel parents.  These kids in this generation are going to have to be so strong to withstand the temptations that are going to be thrown at them.  Satan is stronger and more powerful than ever.
 I was just reading this morning a conference talk by Cheryl Esplin who is the 2nd Counselor in the Primary General Presidency.  It is awesome and needs to be read by all parents over and over.  One quote I loved especially is this:

Teaching our children to understand is more than just imparting information. It’s helping our children get the doctrine into their hearts in a way that it becomes part of their very being and is reflected in their attitudes and behavior throughout their lives.


I truly believe this is the key to having our children and grandchildren remain strong.  I hope as a Grandma I can help teach them the doctrine.  If you want to read the entire article go here

No comments:

Post a Comment