THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Sunday, July 8, 2012

55!! 55??

55?  Are you kidding me?  I'm really that old?  Since we have been attending a Young Single Adult ward for the past four years the majority of my friends are under the age 30.  I love it and I love them and they make me feel like I'm 30 something not 50 something.  Oh well.  It is what it is.
I have never struggled with age before, but yesterday as I turned the big 55 something hit.  Life has been so hectic since Jessi graduated that it took until yesterday to realize that yes I'm older, but I'm also no longer responsible for a school age child.  I've done it.  I've been able to be a stay at home mom for all of my children for all of their years.  How incredibly grateful I am for that and I wouldn't trade one moment of it.  BUT NOW WHAT?????
I've visited with several moms who are at the same place as I am and most of them have been there for several years and they are still asking that same question.  We have given it all and worried, cared about, and helped meet all the needs and desires of our kids that we have forgotten what our own needs and desires are.  Truly the world is before us with many options and opportunities but which ones should we take or do we desire to take.  There is volunteer work available, education possibilities and even employment choices.  What do I do and where can I best serve?  Hopefully I will be led and directed in the way that the Lord desires for me to go.  He obviously knows I am willing and ready to move forward with MY life now.  I guess we'll see where it takes me.  It should be an interesting ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment