THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Friday, August 31, 2012

Bird Paradise

One of my favorite summertime activities is watching the birds in our backyard.  I love to fill my bird feeders and watch as so many different varieties swoop in for dinner.  It's like they have a communication line because as soon as they have been filled the birds seem to fly in from all directions.  I have several placed in different areas and they can empty them in just a matter of a few days.  This year I have even attracted many hummingbirds.  If I sit quietly on my deck they will flit around closely and be totally content with eating and playing while I enjoy them.
 I have been criticized by some by the quality of bird food I choose, but I certainly have no problem attracting birds.  These birds have expert taste and they want the best.  I am willing to oblige them as payment for the enjoyment they bring to my day.


My children keep wishing we would move out to the farm and be closer to the horses.  I don't know if I could leave my birds.   So for now, I will take a few minutes out of each day to relax and enjoy nature in my very own private bird refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment