THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Today Matters

On Monday night we attended a Young Single Adult Stake Family Home Evening where a world renowned Inspirational Speaker, Dan Clark, gave a presentation.  (He said he didn't like being called a "Motivational Speaker" he wanted to be known as an "Inspirational Speaker")  Go here to see more. He was incredibly entertaining and easy to listen to and had some interesting thoughts that I have spent a great deal of time  pondering since then.  He really said nothing new or profound, but what he mentioned was what I needed to hear.
"Right now you are as old as you ever have been and you will never be as young again as you are right now.  Today matters."
Give it some time and think about it.  The longer I ponder it the more it means.  I realize I need to stop procrastinating, wasting time on things that don't matter and focus on those that do.  There are important things I need to accomplish today and every day, I just need to figure out what they are.  More importantly, I need to find out what the Lord wants me to do.
Another thought he shared:  "You would make a lousy someone else."
We all need to be the person the Lord created and use the talents and gifts that we have been blessed with and not try to replicate anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment