THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Friday, September 7, 2012

Vacation vs Trip

On the final day of our get away Jeff looked at me and said:  "Thanks for taking me on vacation."  I was a bit puzzled by the comment since he isn't a fan of traveling, and I'm sure I looked a little confused so he continued:  "I really like vacations.  It's those trips you keep taking me on that I have a hard time with".
When we had several young children at home we defined a trip as going with children and a vacation was going away without children.  I have learned in the last couple of days that his definition of a vacation is even more refined.  A vacation is where we can totally relax, have absolutely No plans, and thoroughly enjoy being alone.  I'll take it.  I'll go on a vacation with him anytime.
We did a lot of this:

Looking at this:

Each night we would watch this:

 Every day at low tide we had a couple of turtles who came in to keep us company.

When we weren't at the pool or beach we were on the deck of our place and this was our view.

We did venture out one day fishing with Captain Bill.  Unfortunately the fish were not interested in taking our bait so it was uneventful but beautiful.
 Of course we ate well at various restaurants on the island.
It was a "Vacation" made in heaven.  We found out we are still attracted to each other, we can carry on a conversation that doesn't include children or the YSA ward, and we will both be excited to do it again.  I will always go on VACATION with Jeff and I know that occasionally he will go on a TRIP with me.  It doesn't get better than that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment