THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Its Beginning To Look....

A lot like Christmas.  Our first snow storm arrived today which is good and bad news.  The good news is it finally looks and feels like Christmas!!  The bad news is that our roof is still not repaired from the wind storm so I'm hoping there is no seepage in our attic.



The interior of our home has been decorated for a couple of weeks.  Honestly, decorating for Christmas is not my favorite activity, but I do it because I love it when it is finished.  Walking into the room and seeing the sparkle of the lights on the tree and feeling the spirit of having my many nativities surrounding us is incredibly uplifting to me.  These are a couple of nativities that I bought in Peru, showing different cultures of the country.  One is Incan and the other represents the peasant population.  



Several years ago we received some very disturbing news on Christmas Eve which has truly put a damper on my feelings surrounding Christmas for sometime.  This year with my heightened understanding of the Atonement and Agency I have been able to put it behind me.  I have been so excited to celebrate the season this year.  Today was spent wrapping presents which was a delightful experience instead of a chore.  My hope is that my outlook towards all that needs be accomplished during this time can be enjoyed rather than dreaded.  My greatest desire is that we can have a peaceful holiday with memories to be cherished.


No comments:

Post a Comment