THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Thursday, December 1, 2011

And The Wind Did Blow

This morning we awoke to howling winds.  Honestly, I guess Jeff was up all night listening to the winds but I slept through it.  Back to my story, about 6:30 a.m. I heard the most terrible noise and our entire bedroom shook, I grabbed Jeff to ask him what what was happening.  We opened our bedroom door to see our awning over our deck had blown up over our house.  



Then a few hours later I was sitting in our family room right beside the window, and I heard that terrible rumbling noise and felt the shaking once again and the awning came back down.  You can see several of the pieces smooshed against the window.  I can't believe it didn't come right through.


          Here Jeff and Kevin are finally able to dismantle it so that it cannot continue to move back and forth.



When the awning left, the poles supporting it were ripped up with the wood planks from the deck.


Here is the disaster in our front yard.  Notice the tramp in the far right corner.  It was our neighbors tramp.  Since it was on top of ours, ours did not move.  We also have no idea who the red chair belongs to.



Here is the side of our house.  Unfortunately that tree limb also took out the front passenger side corner of Jeff's new truck as it was emptying our garbage cans.


The miracle about the entire day was that in the spring I insisted on having 6 trees removed that had huge limbs overhanging our home right behind that shed.  Jeff thought I was being a little extreme having them removed because in the fall I had insisted on having 5 other trees removed that were close to our house.  In the past year we had 11 trees taken out.  With the severity of the winds and damage that was done, I have NO doubt that having those trees gone literally saved our house.  Thank heavens I listened to those promptings when I didn't even know I was being prompted.  Obviously we have a Heavenly Father who knew that in December we would have Hurricane 2 winds hit our little neighborhood and the damage could of been severe to our house if those low lying branches would of still been overhanging the roof of our home.  The home on the left did have a tree go through its roof.  Tonight I am feeling incredible grateful and have a renewed desire to live so that I can always be worthy to receive promptings through the Holy Ghost and wise enough to follow them.

3 comments:

  1. So glad everything is ok. It is unbelievable what kind of damage I saw up there today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness that horse didn't blow away! Haha! Just so glad everyone is safe! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to tell you how much i LOVE reading your blog. you are such an inspiration and it seems like you always know exactly what to say at exactly the right time!!
    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete