THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Friday, February 10, 2012

34 Years!!

Thirty four years ago today we had a horrendous snow storm, the worst storm of the year.  It began like this year without much snow and moderate temperatures.   My dad had even golfed every month.  Then on Feb 9, 1978 it began to snow, and snow, and snow.  It was the night before our wedding.  I lived in Logan, Jeff was in Bountiful, and we were getting married in the Salt Lake Temple.  As we crept through Sardine Canyon the next morning, I sat in the back seat of my parents Chrysler New Yorker and prayed that I would make it alive to my own wedding.  There were cars slid to the sides, cars spinning in circles, and fenders smashing fenders as we passed them.  I remember my dad saying; "If we stop we will never get going again."  He would keep the gas pedal down and drive out around the accidents and buried cars.  Needless to say, we made it and we experienced a beautiful day!!  The greatest and most important day of my life.  I'm so grateful as I celebrate this anniversary that there is no one I would rather spend time with and no one I cherish more.  I still love playing, visiting, and working with Jeff.  It would be appropriate to put a cute picture of the two of us in this post, but guess what?  I don't have time to look for one.  I'm off to spend a wonderful day and night with my handsome husband!!

1 comment: