THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Sunday, February 12, 2012

If Something Is For Eternity.........

Shouldn't you treat it differently?
A friend told me they were having a Relief Society Meeting with that theme, and I have been intrigued and pondered that thought frequently in the last few days especially since we were celebrating our anniversary. If we truly believe that our marriage, our families and our homes are for eternity, we definitely should be treating them with the upmost respect and reverence.  Believing in Eternal Marriage and Eternal Families should mean that we have the happiest and greatest families ever.   Unfortunately it seems our spouse and families get our worst behavior instead of our best.  I have always been amazed when I have known of spouses yelling at each other.  I can't even imagine ever doing that or being yelled at myself.  What an incredibly degrading practice.  I know though that I am often grumpier and more moody around Jeff and children than  I should be.  When the doorbell rings or I leave I am smiley and happy to others.  Why should others get the best me and not my eternal family?   I need to be more willing to serve and help those I love, looking for ways to uplift and improve their lives and especially our time together.  My goal is to try more diligently to treat those Eternal relationships with the care and understanding that they certainly deserve.  I want my family and especially Jeff to know how grateful I am to them for loving me with my imperfections and I want them to never doubt my love and devotion to them.

                                                                       February 10, 1978
Today we have added many pounds, wrinkles and grey hairs, but we are much more in love today than we were on that beautiful wedding day.  Some things do get better with age!!!

1 comment: