THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentines Day

My cute teen age daughter, Jessi, helped me out this Valentines Day in the gift department.  She was making the cutest items for her boyfriend and offered to make extras for my boyfriend also!!  How fun to be in high school and in love.  Dating is so much fun.  We old married people need to remember the fun exciting things we did and continue to do them to enhance our marriages.  Jessi is incredibly creative and loves to make things so it worked out great for me!!

Here is the basket with most of the items in it.



We (I actually made these, I'm not a total slacker) also did chocolate covered strawberries.  



Jessi made these Chinese Take-out boxes out of black card stock.  All except for the color, these looked exactly like the real thing.  I went to a Chinese Restaurant and bought fortune cookies.  Using tweezers we removed the original fortunes and put in our own reasons of why we love our boyfriends.  It was good for me to really think about the reasons I love Jeff.  I know I love him, but it was fun to really type out in words what it is I love about him.
I'm sure high school boyfriends are a little more excited about things like this than husbands of 34 years are, but it was fun to do.   I'm sure Jeff's favorite were the Oreos; he does love them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment