THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Friday, February 17, 2012

The Last One

Last Monday I attended my very last Parent Teacher Conference.  I have been faithful and have always attended each and every parent teacher conference for all 5 of my children.  I can't even begin to count how many that would be, but I'm not sorry I did it.  At times, I felt that the only reason I went was so the teacher would be aware that I cared and was aware of what was happening in the classroom.  It isn't usually convenient or fun, but I'm hoping it sent a message to my children about the importance of Education.  Honestly, I feel like celebrating that I won't be attending another one.  I did end on a high note, this was probably the most positive one I have attended for Jessi.  Teacher after teacher mentioned that she was like a new person, she was quiet in class, turned in all of her homework and excelled on tests.  Obviously there are some positive aspects of being sick.  She didn't feel like playing so she might as well do her homework!!

No comments:

Post a Comment