THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Autumn

Thirty five years ago during this autumn season I met, became best friends, and then fell in love with my dear husband.  We had a whirlwind courtship, engagement and marriage and the crisp air and amazing colors of fall remind me of that incredible time of my life each year.




We were introduced to each other by a mutual friend at a USU football game on a Saturday in late September and then discovered the next Monday that we had two classes together.  After becoming study partners in these classes, we spent every waking moment of each day together playing in the leaves at the park, enjoying Logan Canyon, feeding the ducks near the river where I lived, and becoming acquainted with each others Dreams, Desires and Devotions.  We were becoming one.

All of these moments together were solidified by the hues of oranges, reds, golds and muted greens of the season.
Several years ago when we were remodeling our home, I had a good friend come give me suggestions on decorating.  She asked me to ponder and feel what I wanted the mood in our home to be and then to describe it with colors.  I immediately knew I wanted to surround myself each day with the colors of oranges, reds, golds and muted greens of Autumn.  Each day I wanted to REMEMBER the feelings of those moments when Jeff and I were SOLIDIFYING our relationship and KNOWING that we wanted to be together for eternity.

      I love Autumn and I love Jeff----even more--much more now---than I did in this same season 35 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment