THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Quotes For The Day

Each morning when I open my email I'm greeted by a new "Happiness" thought sent by Gretchen Rubin author of the Happiness Project.  Some of them I read, smile and then delete.  Others I read, smile, ponder and know that they have touched my heart and I need to remember them.  I would like to share a few of my favorites.

“My favorite thing is to go where I've never been before.”
-Diane Arbus


"If you make it a habit not to blame others, you will feel the growth of the ability to love in your soul, and you will see the growth of goodness in your life."
--- Leo Tolstoy


“He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home.”
-Goethe


"Let us decide on the route that we wish to take to pass our life, and attempt to sow that route with flowers."
---  Madame du Chatele

The secret of contentment is knowing how to enjoy what you have, and to be able to lose all desire for things beyond your reach.”
-Yutang Lin


"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."
----George Moore

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.”

-Ayn Rand


No comments:

Post a Comment