THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Great Weekend!!

General Conference Weekend is one of my favorite weekends of the year.  I love it and I have a dream of one day being so organized that I don't have one thing to do and I can sit and and bask in the spirit of each conference session without any interruptions.  It's a great dream, but will probably never happen. For now I will always try to enjoy each moment that I can.
I always felt a real let down when the last AMEN is pronounced, knowing it is over for six months.
This year the new announcement on lowering the age for eligible missionaries completely rocked our home.  Jessi, if she desired and was healthy, could turn in her mission papers in less than a month.  How great it is for these young sisters to have that option available to them.  I think it is the greatest thing ever.  I know there will be so many of them that will jump on this opportunity.  The world will not know what hit them when this incredible force for good is unleashed.  Talk about a "Mormon Moment."  Each country will be filled with so many young men and women sporting black names tags introducing them as missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I love it.
As Pres. Monson  spoke of hastening the work of the Lord, it made me realize that the time of mere playing and using time unwisely is in the past.
I'm excited to read each of the talks again.  How lucky we are to have the internet and the church website to listen to them or read them as many times as we desire.  The world is a great place!!!

Amy came over for Sunday afternoon conference and brought these fun bottles.  If the word was mentioned during a talk we got to take a treat from the bottle.  She made them for her kids, but honestly the adults enjoyed them much more.



1 comment:

  1. That is GENIUS...a way to limit the sugar intake of my children during conference. I'll have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete