THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Beginning

As an almost thirty two year era of full time stay at home parenting is soon coming to a close I have spent many weeks, days and hours contemplating my next adventure in life.  The options are endless.  I could pursue a masters degree, I could go to work, I could volunteer or become a part time church service missionary.  Knowing I needed to be and do what the Lord wanted me to do I approached Him in fasting and prayer.  The unexpected answer came very audibly.  "Get your home and life in order"  That is not what I wanted to do but the answer came so clearly and forcefully that I could not  ignore it.  My house, closets, food storage, recipes, photographs, garage, car, you name it, definitely needed to be uncluttered.  Actually most things in my life needed to be set in order.  It could take me a full year to work on this and it may still not all get accomplished.  During one sleepless night (unfortunately a symptom of menopause)  I had a distinct impression that I also needed to de-clutter my brain.  The thoughts and feelings that I have stored in there for so long with no outlet needed to be written so I can some day make some sense of them also.  I knew I needed a venue besides a notebook because that just wouldn't happen.  The thoughts of a blog kept returning to me so I decided to begin one.   Whether it is just for self evaluation or if any of my thoughts can help someone else, here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment