THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Friday, October 28, 2011

Solution to "The Funk"

The past few days I felt like I had 'sunk into a funk'.  I was lethargic, tearful, and anxiety ridden.  I'm sure knowing Kevin is coming home soon could of been behind a lot of it.  But, no matter the problem, I knew I needed to do something about it.  I began to analyze the problem and in seconds realized what I was doing wrong.  I had once again let my priorities slip out of order.  My essential priorities were about non existent. With all of the traveling, preparations for traveling, and life in general, I had neglected those things that bring the spirit into my life.  I know from past experience that if I do not have the spirit I do not function.  Without priorities I lose power in my life.  I believe in essential priorities, necessary priorities, and nice to do priorities.  Unfortunately at times I get caught up in the necessary (cleaning house, fixing meals, laundry, running errands etc) or the nice to do priorities (going to lunch with a friend, recreational reading, blogging etc) and neglect what is essential which include frequent temple attendance, daily scripture study, and heartfelt personal prayers.  These are what keep me going and give me strength.  Many people have asked how I keep a smile on my face when I have been through so much with my son  in the past few years.  I always answer that I have learned that I can't change his choices, but I can strengthen myself and if he can see that living the gospel makes me happy maybe someday he will choose to follow.   The only way I continue each day is by drawing closer to the Spirit so I can feel Him and hopefully know His will for me.  So yesterday I went to the temple.  It had been several weeks since I had been there.  It is amazing how I can walk through the doors feeling unsettled, crabby and lost and two hours later walk out refreshed, pleasant and confident.  I LOVE the peace I feel there.  I know that I need to be there more often.  There is a time and season for all of us to spend time there.  Where I am in my life I should definitely be able to go once a week.  (New Goal)  May each of you who can go often and make it an essential priority in your life.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the fabulous reminder and for always being the greatest example! We need to do another family temple trip!

    ReplyDelete