THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Monday, October 31, 2011

Grandma's Halloween Party

Halloween has never been my favorite holiday.  Dark, scary, and morbid have never been my thing, but I decided there were many fun and imaginative ways to celebrate the holiday so I decided to break the tradition and have a "Grandma's Halloween Party".  What a wonderful time we had.  I will have to admit I did wonder how fun a party for 2 and 3 year olds would be, but I think it was delightful.  Grandma LaRae and her husband Ed, Tyler and Carly and kids, Amy and Luke and kids, Jessi and her boyfriend Spjut, and Jeff and I were all on hand for a wonderful evening.  I had bought quite a few Halloween activities from Oriental Traders for the kids.  We did a sticker Halloween scene, decorated pumpkins, made the cutest Halloween necklaces, and the best was playing with SLIME.  Check out the recipe here.  They loved it and it is super easy.  We ate sloppy joes because when the children were young I always made them so they could eat quick before they went trick or treating.  We borrowed Carries idea of a green ice hand in our punch bowl filled with Sprite.  How glad I am that we did this.  The only way it could of turned out better if the other 3 grandchildren would of been with us.  We did SKYPE with them and that helps.  Remember Making Memories is what life is all about.

 Puppy Dog Blake and  Princess Lucy came to our party
Our Cabana Girl Clara
Callie the Cow

Witch Jessi dressed for the Halloween Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment