THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Thank You Family

Today I need to tell my children how proud I am of them.  Kevin was with us for a few hours this afternoon and he was charming and considerate.  Jail has humbled him and taught him some great lessons.  The other kids were so kind to him and excited to see him and he probably doesn't deserve it.  He has lied to them, stolen from them and manipulated them.  Yet their true colors came out today as they reached out in love to him.  Kevin should of felt incredibly loved and accepted today because he was.  I know we are all concerned about his future and know that he needs to earn our trust because we really don't trust him yet, but they are willing to give him another chance.  That is what family is all about!! We all need second and third chances in life, some of us more than others.  When we experience a  problem how wonderful it is to know that your family will be there to help you if you are willing to change.  Even I was successful in being kind and respectful to him.  I'll pat myself on the back.  Thank you family.  I love each and every one of you.

                                                                         Kevin and Jessi

1 comment:

  1. It really was great to see him. We love you mom for everything you do for us. (Tyler)

    ReplyDelete