THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Friday, October 14, 2011

Snoring? Who me?


Yes it is true.  I snore.  I guess I've started doing "world class" snoring.  How unattractive and embarrassing.  In my defense it doesn't happen every night, just occasionally.  The only clue that it has been a bad night is when I wake up and Jeff is not in bed.  He has very quietly taken a blanket, his pillow and slept on the couch.  Never complaining, never embarrassing me, he just removes himself so he can get some sleep.  Thinking about how he handles it reminds me of a great lesson in marriage that he inadvertently taught me many years ago.  We had been married for sometime, and as always happens when two people begin living together full time, there were things that Jeff was doing or not doing that were bothering me and I was nagging him about them.  THEN I had an incredible epiphany. There are probably as many or more things that I did or did not do that bothered him!!  The difference was that he never told me or complained about them.  Totally humbled by my thought I tried from that day forward to follow his example.  It is so much easier to overlook his shortcomings because I know that he is overlooking mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment