THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Best Mother (or Grandmother)

The pressure to be the very best mom or even the very best grandmother can at times be overwhelming.  Comparisons between children, families and parenting styles are easy to make, but obviously not always accurate.  The greatest knowledge we can instill within us is that we are the best moms for the children the Lord has given us.  It is amazing to me that the world has taken even simple life activities and expanded them into extravagant, embellished events that need so much time, money and effort spent on them that I fear it will take away from bringing the necessities into our homes such as prayer, scripture study, or even simple reading of books, playing games and cuddling with our children.  I read a post recently from the Power of Moms that explains my thoughts so much more eloquently.  Read it here.
I love to visit each of my married children's homes to see and feel the activities and spirit there.  They are all different in their parenting styles and that is good.  Different is good because each of the families are different and each have been blessed with different children who need the exact kind of mom that they have been given.
At times I have thought that one of my sons needed a different mom, maybe he was sent to the wrong family because I was beside myself not knowing what to do.  I strongly felt for so long that he would be better served by another mom besides me.  Then it was truly revealed to me that I was the mom, I was the best one for him and I needed to seek ways to help and serve him.  It was not a mistake he was sent to our home and I needed to step up and do the very best I could do because the Lord knew I would be the one to help him the most.  We all have our trials with motherhood, we all have days when we question not only our sanity but our ability to handle what we have been given.  I do know though that we are all the very best moms, in our very own way, to parent the children that we have been blessed to raise.


No comments:

Post a Comment