THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Road Trip

Jeff and I just returned from an 1150 mile road trip!!  We had recently bought a car from our son Ben in Oklahoma to give to our other son Kevin and we finally had a couple of days to go and get it.  We flew into Oklahoma City on Thursday afternoon, met Ben and Carrie and kids at Ted's, a Mexican restaurant for dinner and then quickly went swimming at the pool at our hotel.   Unfortunately by then it was almost time for bed.  We spent a few hours with them on Friday morning and then got in our 2000 Dodge Neon for the ride home.  It definitely wasn't a luxurious ride by any means, but we had a marvelous time.  I love road trips when it is just the two of us.  I have a captive audience, we have to talk because we have hours alone, and we live in an incredibly beautiful world and I would love to see every inch of it.  We arrived home safe and sound about 55 hours after we left.  I am married to an amazing husband who drove every mile of the way in his completely capable manner!!

Cody and Macey spent the night with us at the hotel.  Macey exclaimed the next morning at breakfast:
"I just love hotels."

 Oh how we miss these kids.  I wished they lived closer but they are doing so many good things with their lives.

                                                                        Our Purple Girls

 I promised Cody I would put a picture of him "Flipping a Wheelie" on his skateboard on my blog
 I had to include this pic because this is the only time that Mackayla let me hold her.  I don't think she realizes who it is that has her.

                                                                      Papa and his kids!

The wheat fields of Kansas.  They were beautiful and went on and on and on for miles upon miles

No comments:

Post a Comment