THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Change of Heart

Last week was our General Conference which I look forward to almost from the moment the last one ends. I have this desire to have my house clean, food prepared, and life in control so I can just sit for two days and bask in the messages of these great disciples of Christ.  I'm not sure I really have been able to do it for all the sessions, but it is a worthy goal.  This year Carly and kids were coming to stay at our home conference weekend, which I was thrilled about but also concerned because I wanted to listen intently to each session.  I was feeling a little bit selfish. 


I finished reading the Book of Mormon early Saturday morning before the conference began.  As I was reading in Moroni 8 it says "Little children are alive in Christ" and I began to rethink my desires. I began to remember the importance of children and being near them.  Then the second speaker in conference that morning was Pres. Boyd K Packer and his entire talk was on the importance of children.  Watch it here I was definitely beginning to feel chastised. My favorite quote from his talk is: 
"One of the great discoveries of parenthood is that we learn far more about what really matters from our children than we ever did from our parents. We come to recognize the truth in Isaiah’s prophecy that “a little child shall lead them.”4


It was amazing to me how my attitude changed completely and by Sunday night I was so thankful that Lucy and Clara, Blake and Callie had been with us through out the conference.  How honored I felt to be able to share this wonderful weekend with my family.  I would of had it no other way. 


During the Priesthood Session all of us girls went to the new City Creek Mall.  It was crowded, crazy and fun.   


No comments:

Post a Comment