THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stop, Drop and Hold On

This morning at 10:15 a.m. the entire state of Utah participated in "The Great Utah Shake Out" which was a trial drill for a large earthquake.  We are past due for a major earthquake and we need to prepare.  At 10:15 everyone was supposed to Stop Drop and Hold On.  I will have to confess that I just watched it on TV instead of actively participating, but it did make me stop and analyze our preparedness.  I gave the married kids very large and complete 72 hour kits for Christmas.  Unfortunately ours is not quite so complete.  I've made a good start on it and then like every thing else in my life, I didn't finish it.  I also want to make one for the cars and for Jeff's work.  I also have two 50 gallon water drums without water in them.  Not really prepared.  I guess those items are going to have to be on my priority to-do list now.  

I also pondered this morning about am I prepared emotionally and spiritually for the personal earthquakes that are bound to occur in my life?  They are rampant as we observe the world around us.  We know from revelation that the literal earthquakes as well as the symbolic ones are going to increase in number.  Obviously my spiritual preparation needs to be on the absolutely necessary to-do list.  It looks like I have lots to do.  Thanks "Great Utah Shake Out" for reminding me of my priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment