THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Women's Conference


Amy, Jessi and I were able to attend BYU Women's Conference last week.  I realize that many people shy away from it because crowds and crowds of women are everywhere.  You wait in line to get into classes, to eat, to go the restrooms, to get a drink of water.  One lady mentioned it reminded her of Woodstock??  Even with all the people and problems I LOVE it.  I have gone every year for close to 30 years, minus the years I had a nursing baby.  I have seen it grow from a few thousand to over twenty thousand and I yearn for the easy days of not many people, but then I realize how awesome it is that so many women care enough and are searching for truth and righteousness in the world today.  They will all go home infused with the spirit and instill that love of truth into their families.  It is incredible.   What an honor it was to share it with Amy and Jessi.  We are indoctrinating Jessi a little young, but she claims she enjoyed it.  One of the class presenters, certainly the best ones we heard, were our dear friends the McKays.  Wow is all I can say.  They are both amazing and incredibly inspiring, faithful and also humorous.  It was worth attending just to hear them speak.

The three of us brainstormed about having all the Crosland Women attend together sometime soon.  What a great tradition that could become.  


2 comments:

  1. I like that idea! Haha. You guys are so cute! We are SOOOO excited to see you guys all soon! You have NO idea! Lucy keeps asking me to go to Grandma Bonnie's house! And tells everyone we know that she gets to sleep on a 'BIG BOAT!!' Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! You all look great!

    ReplyDelete