THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Fun Grandma

Last night we were attending a dinner for the leadership of our Young Adult Stake.  Many of the stake presidency, bishops and high councilman in our stake are very young, very wealthy, and very flashy.  We were sitting at a table with a couple who are our dear friends that are our same age and some other couples who seem to maybe be caught up in "Conspicuous Consumption".   My friend reached over and asked me what I had on my wrist.  I looked down and was surprised to see I still had on the paper wrist band that they had placed on me when I entered the Discovery Zone Kids Center with the grandkids earlier that day.  I immediately tried to rip it off when my good friend said; "Don't take it off.  It shows you are a Grandma."  After pondering that for a minute I decided she was right.  I thought it not only shows I'm a Grandma, but it shows 'I'm a Fun Grandma'.   I wore it the rest of the night with pride--- They had their diamonds and I had my paper bracelet.

Here are a few pictures from our day at the Discovery Zone.












1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome story, Bonnie! I'm so glad I found your blog so I can read all of your amazing insights! :)

    ReplyDelete