THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Sunday, January 22, 2012

I Can See Clearly Now

Jeff and I were snowmobiling yesterday at Daniels Summit with the employees that work for Jeff.  We started out with beautiful blue skies and within minutes we were snowmobiling in a blizzard, a serious blizzard.  I truly began to doubt our sanity as we continued trying to follow the paths for the next several hours.  We returned safely, a little sore and cold, but a great adventure behind us.  As we headed down the mountain this morning as were returning home I couldn't help but notice how clear and clean the air seemed to be.  Living on the Wasatch Front we are plagued with inversions and smog almost constantly, yet the massive snow storm had cleared out all of the gunk for the time being.  As we were driving I kept thinking about how we need to move somewhere where there is always clean air.  How unhealthy it is to live with all the pollution.  Then my thoughts turned to clean thoughts and clean lives and what a difference it makes to someones countenance when they are trying to be clean from sin and temptation.  Even if I never live where the air is clean I definitely want to strive to always feel clean and see life more clearly because I am living close to the spirit.  How sad to watch loved ones lose that clear clean look in their eyes as they slip away from doing the right thing.  How grateful I am for repentance that gives me the opportunity to become clean when I fall.  It's kind of like the storm that clears the air.  We need to feel the discomfort before we can enjoy the brightness.

No comments:

Post a Comment