THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Monday, January 2, 2012

2012--Let It Begin

Wow, I am so glad that Christmas is over for another year!!  I loved the spirit of the season.  I enjoyed the food, family and fun, but now I'm relieved to be starting a New Year.  I love new things and I am looking forward to another year to see what it brings.  At times the unknown is exciting but also scary.  At our New Years Eve Party the other night we all made predictions on what we thought would happen in 2012.  Some were far fetched but I guess with the way the world is going any number of events could occur.  Let's prepare for the best!!

Last Friday morning I walked out of Pilates and in my car the thermometer read 57 degrees.  It was the end of December and we were having a heat wave!  So my plans of putting away Christmas decorations and cleaning my house were immediately dismissed as I called Amy to plan a day at the ZOO.  Who needs a clean house anyways when you can spend the day with grandkids and animals?  Tyler and Carly and kids joined myself and Amy and her kids.  I'm so thankful that Carly can be as spontaneous as my children have been raised to be.  We had a wonderful time even though it had dropped a few degrees before we actually made it to the zoo.  Still it was incredible weather for December.  I love watching the grandchildren as they run and laugh and enjoy every little minute of an activity.  How great to be so uninhibited and care so little about what others think about you or about what you are doing.  So many lessons can be learned from these little ones.  No wonder we are counseled in the scriptures to become as little children.  They bring a freshness to life that makes me feel young and free.  I love being with them.  This year may we all enjoy the little ones in our lives whether they be our own, our grandchildren, our nieces and nephews or our neighbors.  


Our Day At The Zoo
Callie

Clara

Blake and Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment