THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Parlez-vous Francais?


This is the book that I received this Christmas from Jeff.  We are going to France this year, actually "Paris in the Spring" to be exact!!  How excited am I?  Jeff has been so great to do many things out of his comfort zone for me since we married, but I wasn't sure I would get him to Europe.  We are doing a World War 2 tour going from England to France.  Jeff loves WW2 history so I do believe that was the selling point but I will take whatever I can get.  We are spending several more days after the tour traveling with our good friends the Richards.  Cal served his mission in France so he will be a wonderful tour guide and translator. Since Jessi is also going to Europe this summer with a high school group and will be visiting France, we decided  we should learn a little of the language before we go.  Our community has various night classes and Beginning French was offered so we decided that would be just the class we needed.  We met for the first time this week.  We both know a little Spanish but no French.  Maybe a little overwhelming, but what an incredible experience it will be to learn a little of this beautiful language.


Because I am a huge advocate of learning and taking advantage of every opportunity I thought it was obvious we would take a French Class.  Jessi's boyfriend kept questioning our thoughts.  Jessi finally told him that for the Croslands to spur of the moment sign up for a class on some random subject was totally normal.  I love community ed classes, I love learning and I love encouraging my children to experience everything they possibly can.  We have been taught if there is anything virtuous, lovely or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.  These community classes are such a great value.  I began to think of the classes that I have randomly taken.  I have learned digital photography, photoshop, dutch oven cooking, Spanish, Quick Books and Jeff and all of the boys have taken fly fishing.  I know there are many more in the past that I have enjoyed.  There are so many things to learn and so little time.  It's too bad we have to clean house and cook meals.  Oh well.  We do what we can do.  

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie-My husband and I have been to Paris the last 2 springs! It is so wonderful there! You should definitely follow all of Rick Steves' advice...we used his books, too! We did a day-long tour of the beaches at Normandy which was fantastic. If you don't already have a guide, we used an English-speaking guide that did an awesome job and I'd be happy to pass along his info. Hope all is well! -Hydee

    ReplyDelete