THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pirate's Treasure

I wanted to share this because it is a wonderful idea for parents and grandparents.  While I was in Oklahoma Carrie had made a Pirate's Treasure Hunt that I got to be part of.  Here is how it went.

 Earlier in the day had gone to Guthrie, OK to their darling library and got the book.  "How I Became A Pirate"  When we arrived at home Carrie read the book to us.  What a fun book for kids and grandmas.  (Notice the Pirate' faces on the kids)


Then Carrie had written different rhyming clues as part of our Treasure Hunt.  We had to figure them out and run to each place to find our next clue.


As we found where our last clue led us to there was a Treasure Map!!  We studied the map and finally decided that the treasure was located in the frog sand box outside.  Since it was cold that day we let Cody put on his shoes and coat and get it for us.  He willingly agreed.  


 The treasure was buried in a pillowcase so Cody brought it in and we discovered the Loot.  We had gold foiled candies, swedish fish, jewelry,sticker books, and there was even a special box for me with a charm in it that Carrie had engraved Jeff's name on a small heart and then a circle with the first initial of each one of my children's names on it.  B A T K J.  That was a greatest surprise of all!!


How grateful I am for all the darling mothers of my grandkids.  All three of them are much better mother's than I ever was.  I think that should be our goal--To have daughters and daughter in laws that are better than you were.  Just imagine how great each generation will be as they continue to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment