THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Junk Drawer

This is my junk drawer.  This drawer did not look like this last week.  I wish I would of taken a before picture, but I did not think to do it.  I had completely emptied the drawer onto the kitchen counter when Jessi came home one afternoon and she was totally amazed that so much stuff had fit into that little drawer.
I now feel such a sense of accomplishment every time I open this drawer.

The problem is that six months ago I felt inspired that my responsibility for this year was to get our home in order.  Unfortunately this picture about sums up how much of our house has been put in order.  I haven't been doing a real stellar job of uncluttering and organizing.  I am exaggerating a little, I have cleaned a few drawers, cupboards, and files, but not near enough.  It is difficult for me to tell someone I'm busy or to choose to spend my time accomplishing extras at home when I don't have a time card to punch or a test to study for.  I need to develop more discipline because most of my house has been neglected for so many years that it has turned into an overwhelming job to put it in any semblance of order.  I realize if I do though the rewards will be great because I will have that same "AH HA" feeling that I get every time I open this drawer.

No comments:

Post a Comment