THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

North Dakota

Spending the last few days in North Dakota has been so much fun.  I had never been to North Dakota so it was a new experience and I love new experiences.  I was impressed with that little known state.  Every where I travel there are great things to see, wonderful people to meet and new places to experience.  We live in such an incredible world!!!
The best thing about North Dakota though is I have two granddaughters that live there!!  It was so fun to spend time in their home, experience some of their lives, and see how wonderful their family has become.  I'm so impressed with all my children and the spirit in their homes.  I love to see them kneel in prayer, speak with love to one another, and teach their children.  We have been so blessed with great parents for our grandchildren.

The day I arrived I was fortunate to be able to go to Lucy's gymnastics lesson.  She is going to be a gymnast just like her mom.  We couldn't get her to leave.
 The weather was incredible.  It is frightening to think that the weather in North Dakota was warmer than in Salt Lake City in March.  The weather makes no sense this year.  We walked to the park one day and Carly asked my if I ever dreamed that I would be walking the streets of North Dakota with my grandchildren?  I'll have to admit, it had never crossed my mind.  I guess we never know where life takes us.
 This is Lucy playing in their yard.  Yes dirt and mud everywhere.  Hopefully they get the road paved and the yard landscaped this summer so she has somewhere better to play, but kids are kids and she loved playing in the dirt.
 Saturday we drove the hour and a half to Bismarck so I could see more of the state and we could visit the zoo in the beautiful weather.  What a fun zoo and Lucy and Clara loved the animals as well as being outside.

 I love attending church with my kids and meeting their friends and observing different wards in the mission field.
 Little Clara took her first steps while I was there.  How honored I felt to witness it.  She loved walking all over pushing this little stroller.
 It is so difficult having our family so spread out but I really do enjoy getting to be with each of them in their homes and being part of the day to day activities.  How grateful I am to Jeff who works so long and hard so I can travel and visit our grandkids.  He is amazing!!

1 comment: