THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Saturday, March 24, 2012

What Are You Reading?

Last week on an airplane from Minnesota to North Dakota I was fortunate enough to have the seat next to me vacant.  When I fly I always bring a magazine to read during takeoff and landing when I can't read from my "electronic device."  The magazine I had chosen to bring was LDSLiving and on this particular issue there was a picture of Sister Julie Beck.

We had received the OK to turn on our "electrical devices" so I set my magazine on the seat beside me so it would be available to read during landing.  As the steward was coming down the aisle he stopped and asked me what magazine I had been reading.  I told him LDS Living and then he asked me what the LDS stood for.  I continued to mention it was initials for Latter Day Saints which was an abbreviation for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I'm sure my face was a little quizzical as I answered him because they were different questions from what you usually get from the steward.  He then began to laugh and told me he was a returned missionary and he just wanted to see how far I would go in explaining the magazine to him.  He was from Kansas City and had served his mission in Pocatello, ID.  What a delightful young man he was!!  His questions did give me a chance to ponder about a couple of things.
1.  How willing and knowledgeable am I to share the gospel with a complete stranger?  How much should I say and what would be the most inspiring to share?
2.  Be careful about what you read, do, say or how you act because you never know who might be observing you!!  We are all examples everyday even when we are not aware of it.

Some interesting thoughts to mull over in my mind.  Food for the brain on a beautiful Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment