THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Monday, March 26, 2012

Your Turn To Give

I have a great friend who just started a new blog about opportunities for people to become involved and serve.  Check it out here.  She is going to post a new idea weekly.  She doesn't just post these, she lives a life of service.  Her education has been chosen so that it could be of use in non profit organizations.  She obtained medical training so she could serve in third world countries and make others lives better.  Watching her as she serves one can see the light shine from her as she truly loves and cares for the underprivileged.  I consider myself fortunate to be her friend.  I'm not at all surprised when she let me know she was beginning a blog about helping others through yourturntogive.blogspot.com.  I wanted to spread the word to those of you who might be reading this blog.  Check it out!!

Jessi and I were able to travel to Peru and serve there for a couple of weeks.  When I returned another friend asked me why I felt like I had to travel so far from home when there was so much to do here locally?  She was right I know. I should do more here, but I guess it just sounds and feels more worthy to help those far away.  For now I can't do that all the time and there are others who will never be able to or to care to travel so far away to serve.  It's amazing how much good can be done close by, many things in just a few available minutes. Awareness is the key.  So many would like to help others.  They just need to watch and listen for places to serve.  I know I'm certainly happiest when I am serving.  I know I need to find another cause or place to spend my time helping.

I spent over three years tutoring at the LDS Humanitarian Center and adored the people and loved every minute of it.  They have so many opportunities and needs for volunteers.  These are some of my students in one of the classes I taught.  I need to return.  That was a good time in my life.


Jessi and I in Peru.  It was an experience of a life time, but we need to continue that service here every day among those people close to home that need it also.  There are so many.



No comments:

Post a Comment