THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Saturday, March 3, 2012

St. George in February

I love St. George in February.  The last several years I have visited St. George each winter usually in February.  The sky is clear, clean and blue, which is usually a stark contrast to the skies along the Wasatch Front in February.  For that reason alone I think it is worth the drive to St George for a few days.   Last Monday Amy, Blake, Callie and myself headed south.  Unfortunately the week we chose to visit a cold front had settled in, but the skies were still clear, clean and blue.  It was a tad bit chilly though, uncomfortably chilly in fact.  Luckily I had booked a condo at Worldmark that had a hot tub  on the deck.  We spent a great deal of time in it, since it was definitely our best option for entertaining the kids.


We were feeling very dismayed with the weather until we discovered that Davis County was getting pounded with snow, then 50 degrees in St. George really started looking pretty nice.  It is all relative.

This winter has worked out incredibly well to spend time with most of the kids.  In January I was able to visit Oklahoma and see Ben and Carrie.  February in St. George with Amy.  In March I am flying to North Dakota to visit Tyler and Carly in their new apartment, and then in April Jessi and I are going to San Diego for Spring Break.  Kevin is feeling a little left out, but he has to stick very close to Davis County for drug testing twice a week, so when that is over we will have to have a much needed vacation for him.  It is so great to feel wanted in each of my children's lives.  They all seem eager to spend time with me and for that I will be eternally grateful.  How sad and lonely I would feel if they did not want me to be part of their lives.  Hopefully I can always respect their autonomy but also feel close to them as family.

1 comment:

  1. I love how much you spend time with your kids! You are such an example to me. Of course they love to be with you! Do it as much as you can!

    ReplyDelete