THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Gratitude Month

As the children were growing up we had a vey large bulletin board in our kitchen.  When we remodeled we took it out.  It is the only part of my old kitchen that I miss.  Every November I would cover the entire board with butcher paper.  I had each of the kids write one item on the board each day that they were thankful for.  Their friends thought it was so fun that they also began writing on it.  So by Thanksgiving Day our entire board was filled with comments and items.  The first few days it was easy but by the end we were all really having to think about something different to write.  It was a good exercise in gratitude.   I've decided that I need to be more aware of my blessings so I'm going to write something I'm grateful for at the end of each blog that I write during the month of November.  Yesterday I wrote how thankful I am that Kevin is progressing.  Today I am thankful to my daughter Amy who is picking Kevin up at work and bringing him back to Farmington.  She told me that she would take one day a week to pick him up at work so he could make it to his counseling on time.  Thanks Amy for the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment