THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A House of Order? Maybe Someday

In my quest to get my home in order I decided today to tackle the kitchen. Huge undertaking. I won't even mention how long it has been since I have cleaned out all my cupboards and drawers. The amount of dust, crumbs, and gunk I have cleaned today could be a serious health issue in our lives. Cleaning has never really been my thing, but it is always so rejuvenating to open a clean cupboard or drawer. I should definitely do it more often. In D&C 109:8 we are taught to organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing, and establish...a house of order. That is my goal and at times it seems so far beyond my reach. If I was isolated by myself with no interruptions for a week I would make incredible progress, but since that is not my life nor do I see it happening in the near future I will continue prodding along until I have dejunked and shined all of it. And then--it will be time to start over. Oh Well. Today I am incredibly thankful for my home. After several remodelings I love it. I love the feel, the layout and especially the spirit that is here. It is small but it is ours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment