THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Monday, November 21, 2011

My Prayer For Today

Today is the day that Kevin comes home.  After 18 months of incarceration today he is free!!  I can't even imagine the feelings he must have this morning.  He admits he is scared to death but also so incredibly excited.  If this was happening 6 months ago like it was originally planned I would be more than a basket case.  I think we both needed the extra six months.  I have changed and Kevin has changed.  There is definitely Hope that this could be a good thing.

My Prayer for me today is:
That I can love Kevin without enabling him.
That I can be patient and kind in my dealings with him.
That I can be fair to both of us as we set boundaries and rules.
That I can be an example of happiness as I strive to live a righteous life.
That I can do what ever it takes to always have the spirit in our home.
That I can be truly happy in my path in life.

My Prayer for Kevin is:
That he can have the strength to overcome the demons that plague him
That he can be respectful of our home and rules
That he can find uplifting activities to fill his time
That he will continue to grow as he has in the past few months
That he can understand the promises that were given him in his Patriarchal Blessing and know that the Lord expects so much more of him.
That he will remember that he is a son of His Heavenly Father and know that He loves him
That he can be truly happy as he discovers his path in life.

We would appreciate your prayers for us today also.

No comments:

Post a Comment