THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE, MOTHERHOOD AND GRAND-PARENTING

Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Serendipity Day

"Live each season as it passes; breath the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each."
— Henry David Thoreau

This is a lesson I need to embrace. We have a dear friend, Cal, who lives each day to the fullest. He had a liver transplant 5 years ago and unfortunately he is facing another one in the next few years. We all could learn from him. Watching him enjoy each day is refreshing and inspiring. Last week he called and wanted us to go 4 wheeling on Saturday. I will have to admit I was very hesitant. It was supposed to be 40+ degrees and I hate being cold. Finally agreeing to go I secretly was hoping for rain or some reason that we really couldn't go. The day was beautiful but crisp, very crisp. We bundled up and headed north. After lunch at Maddox we continued to Mantua where we unloaded our machines. Best decision I made was to ride behind Jeff on his big 4 wheeler instead of bringing my own. Wow,What an incredible day. I could 'squishy' with Jeff and be warm. Amazing scenery and the air was clear and fresh. I wouldn't of missed it for anything. How grateful I am that we have good friends that are not daunted by weather and have a desire to enjoy the changing seasons and are willing to include their friends in their plans. I need to remember to live each day, no matter the weather, to the fullest. Thanks Cal and Cheryl.

No comments:

Post a Comment